March 28, 2018
At Inspire Greatness Aveda Institutes, we’re always so proud of our students and what they accomplish after graduating! That can make it hard for us to choose just one alumnus to feature on our blog because we have so many alumni we want to talk about! We wanted to highlight Sariah Lee for killing it on social media and in the Aveda network!
About Sariah Lee
Sariah is one of our more recent graduates, and was an exemplary student while with us at Aveda Institutes! She traveled with us to London Fashion Week and also participated in the North American Hairstyling Awards. She was a model student, and is now an outstanding cosmetologist with Pura Vida Salon & Spa in Park City, Utah. Here are some of the questions we got to ask Sariah:
Why did you choose Aveda Institute?
“I chose the Aveda Institute because I wanted to be part of an organization that is innovative, creative, focused on moving into the future while still caring for the world around them.”
Why did you choose to stay with Aveda after graduation?
“I chose to stay with Aveda after graduation for a few reasons:
- I love the mission and wanted to be a part of a salon that lived up to the mission.
- I absolutely love the color line and can’t imagine using another one.
- The people who are part of the Aveda network are so supportive of one another and care for each other. I wanted to surround myself with those people.”
What are your most popular salon services?
“One of my most popular services in the salon is my men’s haircuts.”
What is the greatest lesson you learned in school?
“The greatest lesson I learned in school is that I will never stop learning, even after I’ve been in the hair business for years. It’s never too late to learn, and you shouldn’t be afraid to fail, because from failing, you learn.”
Who is your Aveda icon and why?
My Aveda icon is Anne Skubis (the Director of Marketing for Inspire Greatness Aveda Institutes). She always has fun, fresh, creative work. More than just being a fantastic makeup artist, Anne also engages with people on a personal level, and you can tell that she truly cares about the people around her. Anne strives to inspire people and lift them up, and I aspire to live up to her example.
What are your top three tips for social media?
- ”Engage and interact with your followers. Respond to their likes and comments.
- Consistency is key. You want your page to be aesthetically pleasing and focused on what you want to convey to the audience. Is it hair? Makeup? Eyelash extensions? Stay consistent.
- It’s fun to post pictures of you in action because it makes your page more personal and you can more easily connect with the audience.”
What is your greatest accomplishment since graduating?
Two of my greatest achievements since graduating are:
- Finding a salon that is so supportive and positive.
- Building a consistent clientele.
It is one of the biggest compliments to me when someone decides they want to come back to me for their hair, makeup, or eyelash extensions.
If you want to see more of Sariah’s work and what she’s up to now, follow her on Facebook or Instagram! If you want to see what her salon is up to, you can check them out as well on Instagram. We’re excited to see all of the works of art Sariah will create in her career!
Are you interested in learning more about cosmetology and the career opportunities you can have in the beauty industry? Inspire Greatness Aveda Institutes strives to provide an education that goes above and beyond to help our students be prepared for their careers. Reach out to us to get more information on how a cosmetology education can help your career goals!