November 28, 2013
Hope you all are enjoying your Thanksgiving with friends and family! There is so much to be thankful for! In fact, studies have shown that you should be thankful everyday, not just on a special day of the year.
Scientists have found that people who practice being grateful regularly, experience many health benefits including:
- Smoother and coherent heart rhythms.
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Stronger immune system.
- Higher sense of attentiveness, alertness and energy.
- Less physical pain.
- Longer more restful sleep.
- Better able to handle stressful situations.
- Healthier relationships with others.
- Better physical fitness.
To experience many of these benefits try to become consciously aware of what you are thankful for in your life. There are ways you can do this; the key is to pick something that works for you and to stick with it. Some ideas you might try are:
- Write in a gratitude journal every night before going to bed.
- Upon waking in the morning think about everything you are thankful for before getting out of bed.
Studies have found that people who focus on what they are grateful for everyday for one week straight can experience the benefits up to a six-month period. Let us take it a step further and share some of the things you are thankful for in the comments section below.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM OUR AVEDA FAMILY TO YOURS!